This is the fourth St. Patrick's day in a row that the hubs has been out of town. For those of you keeping track, that's every St. Pats since we've had children. Is this a coincidence? I guess I'll down my Guinness with my kids.
Here are my holiday-themed craft tutorials for today:
Silly Hat Headband:
1. Have a friend who thinks of you when they see silly things like tiny glittery St. Patrick's Day hats, purchases them, and gives you one.
2. Attach hat to elastic and place on baby's head at a jaunty angle.
1. Name your child something that is one letter off from a typical holiday saying.
2. Wait until the day of that holiday to look for a shirt with the saying on it; when unable to find one, settle for a 50% off bib.
3. Cut a heart out of felt big enough to cover the extra letter.
4. Attach to bib however you see fit (sewing, iron-on, tape, etc) and place on baby.
Finally, make baby pose for pictures wearing the items, then take them off and store them away until next year! During naptime, search online for clearance St. Paddy's day t-shirts big enough for next year, so you can do this thing properly. After all, it will still be her name then too!
Happy St. Paddy's Day! Raise a pint for us.