|Main fabric is Lotta Jansdotter Choma in Bermuda|
I actually ended up sewing pretty much exactly what I imagined when I bought the fabric. A loose tunic that can be belted for more shape, based on this tutorial from Made it on Monday that I pinned ages ago. I kept it simple by leaving out the zipper in the back (the neckline was wide enough to not need one) and added on-seam pockets so I have a place to stash my stuff when I wear it with leggings. I used a cotton blend jersey for the binding on the neckline and armholes, and bound it using this method from Kitschy Coo, although since the body of the tunic is a woven cotton instead of a knit I didn't stretch the jersey very much as I sewed it. Both the band on the hem and the binding were scraps left over from other projects, so that kept this project inside a comfortable budget for me. I used about 1.5 yards of the main fabric, which wasn't quite enough to cut out the front and back panels in one big piece. That (and because I liked the way it looked) is why there's a panel going the opposite direction in the back.
|I think I might unpick that pleat at the back just an inch or two.|
Using such a bold print meant paying a lot closer attention than I usually do to cutting the fabric symmetrically and lining things up with my pleats, etc. I like the way the pleating changes the look of the pattern since I was careful to have things lined up just so--something not nearly as important when using solids or the little prints I am usually working with.
|The full length effect|
|Just belt it! Cinch it!|