Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Womens' Tops

I made myself a few tops a while ago; well, made one, and adjusted another.

I made this one out of a little remnant I picked up for next to nothing.  It was a 54" wide piece that was a little over 3/4 of a yard, I think.  I made a shirt/tunic-length version of the simple dress in this tutorial.

Boy do I hate taking pictures of myself.
 I did do a single row of elastic thread around the waistline, but it still definitely needs the belt to be flattering.
Less pressure without the head.

In a similar vein,  I rescued this baggy top I wore during pregnancy from my "upcycle" pile.  I gave it two rows of elastic thread around the waist to add some shape, then cut the sleeves off at three quarters (didn't hem since the t-shirt fabric won't fray), and added two lines of shirring for about 6 inches up from the bottom of the sleeve.  This was a little tricky since the sleeves were already sewn together, but I managed it--my advice is to make sure you measure your STOPPING place on both sleeves and mark it with a pin BEFORE sewing the first sleeve, so that the sleeves have the same amount of gathering.


I actually really like this top now!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete